Monday, March 30, 2009

He's a very naughty boy!

The small Welsh town of Aberystwyth staged a charity screening of Monty Python's Life Of Brian at the weekend and managed to get Michael Palin and Terry Jones to attend. I wondered why they showed Life Of Brian and how they managed to get two of the films stars to appear at such a low key event. So I did a little digging and it turns out that the Lord Mayor of Aberystwyth is Sue Jones-Davies. Sue played Judith Escariot, Brian's girlfriend, in Life Of Brian and, since the film was banned in the town when it came out, she thought it would be nice to finally show it.

As I recall, there's a scene in the film where Brian and Judith appear at his bedroom window - naked! I'm not sure that's how I'd like to see the Lord Mayor but fair play to her!!

Life Of Brian is one of my all time favourite fims and, as far as I'm concerned, one of the funniest films ever. So I've dug up a clip of the film to remind you just how good it is.

Enjoy!

Liam


No comments:

Post a Comment