Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Emails you can't bank on!
















This morning I received a very professional
looking email which appeared to come from my bank, asking for my login details....

In fact it's completely fake and was sent by somebody trying to glean my details! (a process my old DIT lecturer used to call "Phishing").

If I had clicked on the "link" provided in the email, I would have been shown an extremely professional looking RECREATION of the bank's own login page. Had I entered my details, I would, albeit unknowingly, be handing them over to this "scammer"!

So how do you avoid being stung by dodgy emails like this one?

Easy! Banks are continually reminding us that they will NEVER contact us by email and ask us for our account/login details. So if you get an email like this, delete it immediately. You can also report it to your bank.

You'll find more helful tips here.

Safe Surfing!

Dave H.

No comments:

Post a Comment